Announcements – May 2, 2021
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church expresses our deepest condolence at the sad demise of Mrs. Philomina Sebastine (68) sister of our member Mrs. Alamma Chacko (Sterling Heights) on April 27th, Tuesday in Kochi, Kerala. May our Almighty Lord grant them strength and comfort them with His peace.
Circulars & Kalpanas
- Next Sunday – May 9
100 members are now allowed to attend the worship service and/or partake in the Holy Qurbana in person. Those who wish to attend in person, please register online and sign the waiver by Saturday morning: https://detroitmarthoma.org/
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Intercessory Prayer on Wednesday at 7 PM (via Zoom)
- Fasting prayer this Friday at 10:30 AM (via Zoom)
Combined Prayer Meetings
- Prayer Groups 3 & 4: Combined prayer meeting will be held on today (May 2nd), Sunday 6:00 pm via Zoom.
- Prayer Groups 5, 6 & 7: Combined prayer meeting will be held on May 9th, Sunday 6:00 pm via Zoom.
- Monthly meeting will be held on May 8th, Saturday at 6:00 PM via Zoom.
- MTVEA Diocesan Monthly Prayer Meeting will be held on May 3rd, Monday at 8.30 pm EST by zoom. Rev. David Cherian (St. Luke MTC, Florida) will give the message.
Meeting ID: 872 4274 0053 Passcode: 101010
Covid-19 Vaccine Clinic
- We had the Covid-19 vaccine clinic yesterday and delivered the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I want to thank Mrs. Betsy Varghese for helping us to conduct the vaccine clinic at our Church. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian for helping with registration and Mr. Eapen Chacko, Mr. George Koshy and Mr. Steve Varghese for helping as volunteers. .
DMTC Souvenir – 2021
- All those who did not reserve their compliment in the DMTC Souvenir, please contact Souvenir committee convener Mr. C. V. Samuel (586) 216-0602 or Joint convener Ms. Diana John (248) 635-9557 for more details (please see the attached brochure).
DMTC Expansion Project Update
- Dry wall work is almost finished inside the sanctuary and will be completed by next week. HVAC work made good progress in building the final duct for the intake and cold air return from the main unit. Electricians continue to work on installing the recess lights. Carpenter is currently working in his workshop on our items while he is waiting for the drywall work to finish. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
DMTC Expansion Project Sponsorship Update
- Sponsorship Update: There are still more items that are available for sponsorship. We request individuals/group/Organization to sponsor some of the remaining items. For any further information, please contact church trustee Mr. George Koshy (248-615-1888). (Please list below).
|Items||Total Count||Cost per Item|
|Wall Scones||13||$ 443.00|
|Sanctuary Recess Lights||15||$ 730.00|
|Madhbaha Spot Lights||4||$ 265.00|
|Podium Mics||3||$ 700.00|
|Live Streaming Switcher||1||$ 1,000.00|
|Live Streaming Camera||2||$ 900.00|
Sabha Tharaka & Besorah – May Edition
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for celebrating today’s Holy Qurbana and for the message. Thanks to Philip Varghese Achen, lay leader Mr. Kuruvilla Thomas & Malayalam choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian, Mr. Boben George for assisting with live streaming and Mr. Reuben Philip for helping as admission volunteer. Thanks to Refreshment committee convener Mrs. Sheeba Shinoj & Mr. Saju Philip for arranging the refreshments.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow members celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website