Announcements – April 18, 2021
General Body Notice
- The Annual General Body Meeting of the Detroit Mar Thoma Church will be held on Sunday, April 18, 2021 in the fellowship hall after the Holy Communion Service presided by the President and Vicar, Rev. Varghese Thomas.The agenda is as follows:
1. Presentation and Adoption of the Annual Report for 2019 & 2020
2. Presentation and Adoption of the ratified over-budgeted and non-budgeted items for 2019
3. Presentation and Adoption of the Audited Accounts for 2019 & 2020
4. Presentation and Adoption of the Budget for 2020 & 2021
5. Extension of DMTC – Project Committee & Revised Project Budget
6. Demolition of Annex Building
7. Election of Maintenance Committee & Refreshment Committee
All General Body members are requested to be present.
Annual Report will be distributed today at the church.
- Next Sunday – April 25
100 members are now allowed to attend the worship service and/or partake in the Holy Qurbana in person. Those who wish to attend in person, please register online and sign the waiver by Saturday morning: https://detroitmarthoma.org/
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Intercessory Prayer on Wednesday at 7 PM (via Zoom)
- Fasting prayer this Friday at 10:30 AM (via Zoom)
Combined Prayer Meeting
- Prayer Groups 1 & 2: Combined prayer meeting will be held on April 25th, Sunday 6:00 pm via Zoom.
- Monthly meeting will be held on April 24th, Saturday at 6:00 PM via Zoom.
DMTC Souvenir – 2021
- All those who did not reserve their compliment in the DMTC Souvenir, please contact Souvenir committee convener Mr. C. V. Samuel (586) 216-0602 or Joint convener Ms. Diana John (248) 635-9557 for more details (please see the attached brochure).
DMTC Expansion Project Update
- Dry wall work and Ceiling work is progressing inside the sanctuary. Electricians also started installing the lights. Carpentry work is also progressing. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
DMTC Expansion Project Sponsorship Update
- Sponsorship Update: There are still more items that are available for sponsorship. We request individuals/group/Organization to sponsor some of the remaining items. For any further information, please contact church trustee Mr. George Koshy (248-615-1888). (Please see the attached brochure).
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for celebrating today’s Holy Qurbana and for the message. Thanks to P. Chacko Achen, lay leader Mr. Kuruvilla Thomas and Malayalam choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian, Mr. Thomas Abraham for assisting with live streaming and Mr. Jason Abraham & Ms. Shiny George for helping as admission volunteers.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow members celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website