Announcements – April 11, 2021
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church expresses our deepest condolence at the sad demise of Mrs. Sosamma Chacko (89) mother of our member Mrs. Elizabeth Raju on April 6th in Kerala. Funeral service was held on April 10th, Saturday at Kumarakom Navanasreth Church. May our Almighty Lord grant them strength and comfort them with His peace.
General Body Notice
- The Annual General Body Meeting of the Detroit Mar Thoma Church will be held on Sunday, April 18, 2021 in the fellowship hall after the Holy Communion Service presided by the President and Vicar, Rev. Varghese Thomas.
The agenda is as follows:
1. Presentation and Adoption of the Annual Report for 2019 & 2020
2. Presentation and Adoption of the ratified over-budgeted and non-budgeted items for 2019
3. Presentation and Adoption of the Audited Accounts for 2019 & 2020
4. Presentation and Adoption of the Budget for 2020 & 2021
5. Extension of DMTC – Project Committee & Revised Project Budget
6. Demolition of Annex Building
7. Election of Maintenance Committee & Refreshment Committee
All General Body members are requested to be present.
Annual Report will be distributed today at the church.
- Next Sunday – April 18
100 members are now allowed to attend the worship service and/or partake in the Holy Qurbana in person. Those who wish to attend in person, please register online and sign the waiver by Saturday morning: https://detroitmarthoma.org/
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Intercessory Prayer on Wednesday at 7 PM (via Zoom)
- Fasting prayer this Friday at 10:30 AM (via Zoom)
- Edavaka Mission monthly meeting will be held on April 17th, Saturday at 5:00 PM, 2021 via Zoom..
- Monthly meeting will be held on Saturday, April 17th at 6pm via Zoom. Midwest Regional President Rev. Saju John will be the guest speaker.
- Sevika Sanghom is planning to take a group picture on Saturday, April 17th at 4.30 pm at the Church for the dedication Souvenir. All Sevika Sanghom members are requested to come and participate in this group picture..
Regional Retreat & Farewll
Mid-West Regional Sevika Sanghom retreat and farewell to Achens will be held on Saturday April 17th at 10:30am via Zoom. Rev. Shiby Varghese will give the message. All Sevika Sanghom members are requested to attend this meeting.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
- We had the Covid-19 vaccine clinic yesterday and delivered the 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine to almost 200 people. I want to thank Mrs. Betsy Varghese for helping us to conduct the vaccine clinic at our Church. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian for helping with registration and Mrs. Sabina Cherian, Mrs. Jessy Philip, Mr. Jaison Abraham, Mr. Justin Abraham, Ms. Evangeline John, Mrs. Alice John, Mrs. Jaya Varghese, Mr. George Koshy and Mr. Steve Varghese for helping as volunteers.
DMTC Souvenir – 2021
- All those who did not reserve their compliment in the DMTC Souvenir, please contact Souvenir committee convener Mr. C. V. Samuel (586) 216-0602 or Joint convener Ms. Diana John (248) 635-9557 for more details (please see the attached brochure).
DMTC Expansion Project Update
- Insulation is completed and we have passed the City inspection. Dry wall work is expected to start next week. Carpentry work is progressing and they have finished main arch. We are expecting the electricians will start to install lights this week. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
DMTC Expansion Project Sponsorship Update
- Sponsorship Update: There are still more items that are available for sponsorship. We request individuals/group/Organization to sponsor some of the remaining items. For any further information, please contact church trustee Mr. George Koshy (248-615-1888). (Please see the attached brochure).
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for celebrating today’s Holy Qurbana and for the message. Thanks to P. Chacko Achen, lay leader Mr. Justin Abraham and English choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Ms. Christina Cherian, Mr. Joseph Mathew, Mr. Sujeev Cherian, Mr. Thomas Abraham for assisting with live streaming and Mrs. Jeena Alexander & Mrs. Diana John for helping as admission volunteers
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow members celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website