Announcements – April 4, 2021
WISH YOU ALL A BLESSED AND HAPPY EASTER
- Next Sunday – April 11
100 members are now allowed to attend the worship service and/or partake in the Holy Qurbana in person. Those who wish to attend in person, please register online and sign the waiver by Saturday morning: https://detroitmarthoma.org/
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Intercessory Prayer on Wednesday at 7 PM (via Zoom)
- Fasting prayer this Friday at 10:30 AM (via Zoom)
- Senior Fellowship is planning to take a group picture of the senior fellowship members on Saturday, April 10th at 11.30 am at the Church for the dedication Souvenir. All senior fellowship members are requested to come and participate in this group picture.
- Monthly meeting will be held on Saturday, April 17th at 6pm via Zoom. Midwest Regional President Rev. Saju John will be the guest speaker.
2021 Choir Festival (Virtual)
The 26th Mar Thoma Choir Festival “TEHILLA 2020” will be held virtually on April 10, 2021 (5.30PM – 8PM EST) hosted by Chicago St. Thomas Mar Thoma Church choir. The Theme for this year’s Choir Festival is “Here I am to Worship”. Choirs from Chicago, Detroit, Canada and Indianapolis Marthoma churches are participating in this virtual choir festival. The Choir Festival committee request everyone’s participation and prayerful support.
Link for live streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyd5S950EdU
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church is partnering with Rite Aid to deliver COVID-19 vaccines on April 10th, Saturday 3 – 8pm at our church. Those who are 16 and older are eligible to register for the vaccination.
- Please use the following webform to register for your time slot – https://detroitmarthoma.org/main/vaccine/
DMTC Souvenir – 2021
- We are inviting members aged 14 years and above to reflect on the theme “What role has Detroit Mar Thoma church played in influencing your life”. Reflect on your personal experiences and faith journey in no more than 250 words. Please E-mail your responses to email@example.com by Tuesday, April 6, 2021. The reflections can be in English or Malayalam. All selected entries will be published in the Church Souvenir.
We appreciate the over whelming support of all our church families. All those who did not reserve their compliment in the DMTC Souvenir, please contact Souvenir committee convener Mr. C. V. Samuel (586) 216-0602 or Joint convener Ms. Diana John (248) 635-9557 for more details (please see the attached brochure).
DMTC Expansion Project Update
- HVAC unit has been setup and is ready to get installed. Fire alarm rough work has been completed and insulation work is continuing. Carpentry work is progressing and they have started working on the main arch and is expected to finish this week. We are expecting the ceiling and dry wall work to start this week. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
DMTC Expansion Project Sponsorship Update
- Sponsorship Update: There are still more items that are available for sponsorship. We request individuals/group/Organization to sponsor some of the remaining items. For any further information, please contact church trustee Mr. George Koshy (248-615-1888). (Please see the attached brochure).
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for celebrating today’s Holy Qurbana and for the message. Thanks to P. Chacko Achen, lay leader Mr. Kuruvilla Thomas and Malayalam choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian, Mr. Thomas Abraham for assisting with live streaming and Ms. Kripa Varghese for helping as admission volunteer. Thanks to Mr. Thomson David and family for today’s refreshments and Mr. Saju Philip for helping with refreshments.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow members celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website