Announcements – March 7, 2021
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church expresses our deepest condolence at the sad demise of Mr. E. K. Andrews (74 years, Elamplasseril House, Karingachira, Tripunithura) father of our member Ms. Ancy Abraham on February 28th, Sunday in Kerala. May our Almighty Lord grant them strength and comfort them with His peace.
- Next Sunday – March 14
50 members are now allowed to attend the worship service and/or partake in the Holy Qurbana in person.
Those who wish to attend in person, please register online and sign the waiver by Saturday morning: https://detroitmarthoma.org/
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Fasting prayer this Friday at 10:30 AM via Zoom
- The Great Lent “Sandhya Namaskaram” (via Zoom)
- Monday – Friday at 7 PM
- Saturday & Sunday at 6 PM
- General Body Meeting will be held on March 13th, Saturday at 5:30 pm via Zoom. Annual Report & Accounts for the year 2020 will be presented in this meeting.
World Day of Prayer 2021
- Time: Mar 20, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83465386591?pwd=cCtycmJNN0Y4RDdlY3Q4aXl5NVkzZz09
Meeting ID: 834 6538 6591 Passcode: 10001
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 834 6538 6591 Passcode: 10001
Tax Receipt – 2020
- Tax receipt for 2020 is ready for pick up. Please contact Trustees for your receipt.
DMTC Souvenir – 2021
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church Souvenir Committee is requesting all the church members to sponsor a compliment page in the souvenir. Please contact Souvenir committee convener Mr. C. V. Samuel, 586-216-0602 for more details (please see the attached brochure).
DMTC Expansion Project
- UPDATE: Electrical work is completed and passed the city inspection. Electricians will continue working to install inside lights. Working on city inspection for completed Audio/video rough work. As weather is improving, more outside work will be scheduled in the coming days. HVAC unit and materials are onsite and contractors will start installing the unit outside and to finish up the duct work inside. Interior finished carpentry work is progressing and carpenters are working on inside decorational arches, cross beams and vent outlets. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
- Sponsorship Update: There are still more items that are available for sponsorship. We request individuals/group/Organization to sponsor some of the remaining items. For any further information, please contact church trustee Mr. George Koshy (248-615-1888). (Please see the attached brochure).
2021 – Diocesan Sunday Write Up
Sabha Tharaka & E Sandesam
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for celebrating today’s Holy Qurbana and for the message. Thanks to lay leader Mr. Kuruvilla Thomas, our assembly members Ms. Diana John & Ms. Sincie Chacko & Malayalam Choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian, Mr. Thomas Abraham for assisting with live streaming and Ms. Elsy John & Kripa Varghese for helping as admission volunteers. Thank you all for participating today’s worship service. Have a blessed week.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow members celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website