Announcements – February 28, 2021
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church expresses our deepest condolence at the sad demise of Mr. Kurien Mathew (88 years) grandfather of our member Mr. Prasanth K. Mathew on February 25th, Thursday in Aranmula, Kerala. Funeral service was held on February 27th, Saturday at Maramon Mar Thoma Church. May our Almighty Lord grant them strength and comfort them with His peace.
- Next Sunday – March 7
50 members are now allowed to attend the worship service and/or partake in the Holy Qurbana in person.
Those who wish to attend in person, please register online and sign the waiver by Saturday morning: https://detroitmarthoma.org/
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Fasting prayer this Friday at 10:30 AM via Zoom
- The Great Lent “Sandhya Namaskaram” (via Zoom)
- Monday – Friday at 7 PM
- Saturday & Sunday at 6 PM
- Sevika Sanghom General Body Meeting will be held on March 6th, Saturday at 5 PM via Zoom. Annual Report & Accounts for the year 2020 will be presented in this meeting.
Diocesan MTVEA Prayer
- Marthoma Voluntary Evangelist’s Association – Diocese of North America and Europe conducting Monthly Prayer Meeting via Zoom on March 1st, Monday 2021 at 8.30 pm EST. Rev. Jinson K. Mathew (Ascension MTC, Philadelphia) will give the message.
Meeting ID 872 4274 0053 Password 101010.
Tax Receipt – 2020
- Tax receipt for 2020 is ready for pick up. Please contact Trustees for your receipt.
DMTC Souvenir – 2021
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church Souvenir Committee is requesting all the church members to sponsor a compliment page in the souvenir. Please contact Souvenir committee convener Mr. C. V. Samuel, 586-216-0602 for more details (please see the attached brochure).
Marthoma Lectionary – 2021
- Mar Thoma Lectionary-2021 with additional passages for Diocese of North America & Europe (please see the attached Lectionary).
DMTC Expansion Project
- UPDATE: Brick work completed and electrical, Audio Work is progressing well. Interior finished carpentry work is progressing and we are expecting to start the outside finishing work in the coming weeks. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
- Sponsorship Update: There are still more items that are available for sponsorship. We request individuals/group/Organization to sponsor some of the remaining items. For any further information, please contact church trustee Mr. George Koshy (248-615-1888). (Please see the attached brochure)
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for celebrating today’s Holy Qurbana and for the message. Thanks to P. Chacko Achen, lay leader Mr. Justin Abraham & English Choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian, Mr. Thomas Abraham for assisting with live streaming and Ms. Jessy Philip for helping as admission volunteer. Thank you all for participating today’s worship service. Have a blessed week.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow members celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to email@example.com. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website