Announcements – February 14, 2021
- Next Sunday – February 21
50 members are now allowed to attend the worship service and/or partake in the Holy Qurbana in person.
Those who wish to attend in person, please register online and sign the waiver by Saturday morning: https://detroitmarthoma.org/
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Evening Prayer on Monday and Wednesday are cancelled till further notice
- Fasting prayer this Friday at 10:30 AM via Zoom
- Combined Prayer Meetings
- Combined meeting of Prayer Groups 5, 6 & 7 will be held on February 14th, Sunday at 6:00 pm via Zoom
- The Great Lent “Sandhya Namaskaram” (through Zoom)
- Monday – Friday at 7 PM
- Saturday & Sunday at 6 PM
- Youth Group General Body Meeting will be held on Sunday, February 14 at 5 PM via Zoom. 2020 Accounts and Annual Report will be presented.
- Yuvajana Sakhyam General Body Meeting will be held on February 20th, Saturday at 10 AM via Zoom. Annual Report & Accounts for the year 2020 will be presented in this meeting
- Yuvajanasakhyam Mid-West Region Magazine “അതിജീവനം”(SURVIVAL) will be released on February 21st 2021, Sunday at 8:30 PM virtually by famous Malayalam writer Mr. Benyamin Joseph. All are invited to attend this function.
- Diocesan Yuvajana Sakhyam official Publication Yuvadhara is inviting articles and compliments for the Yuvadhara first edition 2021. Please send the articles and ads to the Chief Editor Mr. Bincy John by February 28th 2021 at email@example.com
- Sevika Sanghom General Body Meeting will be held on March 6th, Saturday at 6 PM via Zoom. Annual Report & Accounts for the year 2020 will be presented in this meeting.
- SEVIKA SANGHOM – MIDWEST REGION – Intercessory prayer will be held on February 20th at 3:30pm via Zoom. Rev. Jacob P. Thomas(Vicar, Houston Trinity Mar Thoma Church) will give the message and please send your prayer request to Rev. Saju John, Indianapolis, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 317-900-2380.
Zoom Meeting ID: 950 8393 0885 Passcode: 2021
Tax Receipt – 2020
- Tax receipt for 2020 is ready for pick up. Please contact Trustees for your receipt.
Malankara Sabha Tharaka
DMTC Expansion Project
- UPDATE: Site has reopened and the inside work is progressing. Electrical work has been progressing well and is expected to finish in two weeks. Mill worker is progressing with the finished carpentry work at the sanctuary and some of the work in his workshop. Old sanctuary and the expanded area ceilings and floors have been joined and the old wall is completely removed. Dry wall work is scheduled to be starting in March. We also finalized on Madhubaha curtain and currently finalizing the carpet selections.
- Pledge status: We have 13 families who still haven’t paid the pledged amount. Please make an effort to pay the pledge amount as early as possible. We have some church families who haven’t pledged anything yet. We are also reaching out through email and brochures to our friends and former members and second generation who are out of state. Please contribute and support this project. We are planning to publish the latest list of the pledges for your review soon. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
- Sponsorship Update: There are still more items that are available for sponsorship. We request individuals/group/Organization to sponsor some of the remaining items. For any further information, please contact church trustee Mr. George Koshy (248-615-1888). (Please see the attached brochure)
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for celebrating today’s Holy Qurbana and for the message. Thanks to P. Chacko Achen, lay leader Mr. Justin Abraham & English Choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian and Mr. Jason Thomas for assisting with live streaming and Mrs. Mini Varghese for helping as admission volunteer. Thank you all for participating today’s worship service. Have a blessed week
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow members celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to email@example.com. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website