Announcements – September 6, 2020
- Next Sunday – September 13th (Sevika Sanghom Sunday)
- Holy Qurbana Service in English at 10:15 am (Live Streaming)
As per the decision of the Executive committee:
- Total of 25 members are allowed to attend the worship service
- Total of 8 members will be allowed to participate in the Holy Qurbana. The following registration link should be utilized for members to register for the Holy Qurbana. Slots will be opened each week for the upcoming Sunday’s Service.
If anyone is interested to come and participate in the service at the church, especially those who are celebrating birthday or wedding anniversary please inform the Vicar or Secretary.
- Link for participating: https://youtu.be/rvFXHrk7By0
(Please subscribe to the DetroitMarthoma YouTube channel for future services/events)
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 PM by Zoom
- Fasting prayer on Friday at 10:30 AM by Zoom
- The new SS year started today and common sessions will start from next Sunday, September 13th onwards at 9 am via zoom. Since we are in the virtual mode of operation if anyone still do not know who your next teacher is please contact the SS Superintendent Sarasu David.
- Vijayadhinam Sthothram – Please use online payment options or mail the checks to the church address and in the memo please write “Vijayadhinam Sthothram”.
- Yuvajana Sakhyam monthly meeting will be held on September 12th, Saturday at 6pm via ZOOM. Yuvajana Sakhyam Diocesan Vice President Rev. Sam T Mathew will be the Guest Speaker.
- Sevika Sanghom Day: will be observed this year on September 13th, Sunday. A Chain Prayer will be held on Sept 12th, Saturday from 6 am – 7 pm and a joined meeting at 7 pm via Zoom. Our Diocesan Episcopa Rt. Rev. Dr. Isaac Mar Philoxenos and Sevika Sanghom general secretary Mini Joys Kochamma will join this meeting from India.
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82363390626?pwd=MVZJQkZCWFJVUFJqUTA5dGZ2NDhSdz09Meeting ID: 823 6339 0626 / Passcode: 450180
- Please make your donations for Sevika Sanghom day offertory and Deppi Collection. Please mail checks to the church address and in the memo please write Sevika Sanghom day offertory or Deppi collection.
- Sevika Sanghom Regional retreat will be held on September 19th via Zoom at 11 am hosted by St. Thomas Mar Thoma Church, Chicago. Details will follow.
First Fruits Auction
- Our First Fruit Auction will start immediately after the worship service. We request all the members to participate in the bidding. As we have done last year, all proceeds from the auction will be going towards our Church expansion project. Please pray and participate in this auction.
DMTC Project Update
- Our Church expansion work is progressing and this week Integrity builders completed concrete flooring slab work. You can view the construction progress by visiting the church website. You are also welcome to come and see the work progress. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for leading today’s divine worship service and for the message. Thanks to lay leader Mr. Kuruvilla Thomas and Malayalam Choir members for assisting in today’s worship service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian and Mr. Thomas Abraham for assisting with live streaming. Thank you all for participating today’s worship service. Have a blessed week and stay safe.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow brethren celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to email@example.com. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website www.detroitmarthoma.org for