Announcements – August 29, 2020
- Next Sunday – September 6th
- Divine Worship Service in Malayalam at 10:15 am (Live Streaming). If anyone is interested to come and participate in the worship service at the church, especially those who are celebrating birthday or wedding anniversary please inform the Vicar or Secretary.
- Link for participating: https://youtu.be/8iEM1ILDPyg
(Please subscribe to the DetroitMarthoma YouTube channel for future services/events)
Online Payments through PayPal
- Please note that if you choose to send in your contribution through PayPal, please choose “Sending to Family & Friends” option. Otherwise there is 3% fee that will be taken out of your contribution by PayPal. The church will not receive the full amount contributed.
Online Weekly Prayers
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 PM by Zoom
- Fasting prayer on Friday at 10:30 AM by Zoom
- Sunday School Anniversary will be held today at 4 pm via zoom. All are welcome to join the Sunday School Anniversary program.
- The new Sunday School year starts next Sunday Sept 6th. Student’s dedication and teacher’s dedication service will be held next Sunday. Teachers and students are requested to participate via live stream.
- Vijayadhinam Sthothram will also be collected next week. Please use online payment options or mail the checks to the church address and in the memo please write “Vijayadhinam Sthothram”.
- Monthly meeting – Cancelled
- Sevika Sanghom Day: will be observed this year on September 13th, Sunday. A Chain Prayer will be held on Sept 12th, Saturday from 6 am – 7 pm and a joined meeting at 7pm via Zoom. Our diocesan Episcopa Rt. Rev. Dr. Isaac Mar Philoxenos and Sevika Sanghom general secretary Mini Joys Kochamma will join this meeting from India.Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82363390626?pwd=MVZJQkZCWFJVUFJqUTA5dGZ2NDhSdz09
Meeting ID: 823 6339 0626 / Passcode: 450180
- Nursing Student Support: Sevika Sanghom is requesting your generous donations to financially support a nursing student in Kerala. Please make a check to Detroit Mar Thoma Church and in the memo write “Nursing student support”. Mail the check to the church address or please use Online Payment Options.
- World Day of Prayer Offertory 2020: We kindly ask for everyone’s generous donation for this year’s world day of prayer. You can make checks payable to DMTC and write in memo “World Day of Prayer offertory” and mail the check to the church address or please use Online Payment Options.
- Edavaka Mission is planning to give financial support to our Evangelists working in the Mission fields and needy community in Kerala. Requesting your kindhearted support. Please make check to Detroit Mar Thoma Church and in the memo write Edavaka Mission Project. Mail the check to church address or use Online Payment Options.
Diocesan MTVEA Prayer
- Marthoma Voluntary Evangelist’s Association – Diocese of North America and Europe conducting the Monthly Prayer Meeting via Zoom on September 7th, Monday 8.30 pm EST.
Message: Rev. Suneeth Mathew (Vicar, St. Thomas MTC Chicago)
Zoom Meeting ID 886 9818 6710
Light to Life
- Light to Life project sponsors are requested to send the sponsorship amount as soon as possible. Please make checks payable to DMTC and write in the memo “Light to Life project”. Mail the check to the church address or please use Online Payment Options.
First Fruits Auction
- Our Church is planning to celebrate this year’s Harvest season with live Auction on September 6th, Sunday immediately after the worship service. Auction will be conducted at the Church parking lot. As per the CDC guideline 100 members are allowed to participate in the auction onsite(in the parking lot) and others through Zoom from home.
We request all the members to be part of this by contributing items for auction and participate in the bidding. As we have done last year, all proceeds from the auction will be going towards our Church expansion project. Last year we have collected around 20 thousand dollars and we hope and pray that this year also it will be a success irrespective of the situation. Please pray and participate in this auction.
Please pray for this fundraising effort to be a successful one.
Zoom Auction Details:
Date: Sep 6 Sunday, 11.30 AM onward
Connect via phone (Dial-in Option) – (US) +1 312 626 6799 and then enter the access code 811 6679 1004# passcode 926644#
- Each item will be described well by the Auctioneer and picture will be streamed via Zoom.
- Get on Zoom using your phone/iPad/computer/any other electronic device – Please Announce your name and the BID price.
- Real-time updates of auction will be available on Zoom.
- Each item will be identified using an item number (#).
- Auction for an item ends with ‘Sold’ message.
- Volunteers will follow up with winning bidders and arrange for home delivery, if needed.
- All final decisions will be made by the Auction committee.
- Process of collecting the items for auction.
– Drive-thru drop off will be available at the Parking lot on Saturday September 5th between 4-7 PM
– Pickup from homes will be available for the items if needed. The Coordinators must be intimated latest by Friday 8 pm for proper planning
- If you don’t have items for auction, you can also donate money
- All CDC guidelines will be strictly followed.
For more information, please contact the Coordinators:
Mr. C. V. Samuel – 586-216-0602 or Mrs. Shalan George – 248-703-6122
DMTC Project Update
- Our Church expansion work is progressing and this week Integrity builders started Steel frame installation and concrete flooring work will begin next week. You can view the construction progress by visiting the church website. You are also welcome to come and see the work progress. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for leading today’s divine worship service and Evangeline John for the message. Thanks to lay leader Mr. Justin Abraham and English Choir members for assisting in today’s praise & worship service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian and Mr. Thomas Abraham for assisting with live streaming. Thank you all for participating today’s worship service. Have a blessed week and stay safe
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow brethren celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to email@example.com. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website www.detroitmarthoma.org for