Announcements – August 23, 2020
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church expresses our deepest condolence at the sad demise of Mrs. Annamma Varghese (85 years, Punnamparambil, Thalavady) Sister-in-law of our member Mr. P. M. George on Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 in Kerala. Funeral service was held on Friday, August 21st at the Anaprambal Mar Thoma Church. May the Almighty Lord strengthen and comfort the family with peace that passeth all human understanding.
- Next Sunday – August 30th
- Divine Praise & Worship Service in English at 10:15 am (Live Streaming). If anyone is interested to come and participate in the worship service at the church, especially those who are celebrating birthday or wedding anniversary please inform the Vicar or Secretary.
- Link for participating: https://youtu.be/GeISRCdSr9Y
(Please subscribe to the DetroitMarthoma YouTube channel for future services/events)
Online Weekly Prayers
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 PM by Zoom
- Fasting prayer on Friday at 10:30 AM by Zoom
- Edavaka Mission is planning to give financial support to our Evangelists working in the Mission fields and needy community in Kerala. Requesting your kindhearted support. Please make check to Detroit Mar Thoma Church and in the memo write Edavaka Mission Project. Mail the check to church address or use Online Payment Options.
- Sunday School Anniversary will be held on Sunday, August 30th at 4 pm via zoom. All SS children are encouraged to participate in various talents program. Please provide the names to your teachers or the coordinator Elsa Varughese.
- Nursing Student Support: Sevika Sanghom is requesting your generous donations to financially support a nursing student in Kerala. Please make a check to Detroit Mar Thoma Church and in the memo write “Nursing student support”. Mail the check to the church address or please use Online Payment Options.
- World Day of Prayer Offertory 2020: We kindly ask for everyone’s generous donation for this year’s world day of prayer. You can make checks payable to DMTC and write in memo “World Day of Prayer offertory” and mail the check to the church address or please use Online Payment Options.
Light to Life
- Light to Life project sponsors are requested to send the sponsorship amount as soon as possible. Please make checks payable to DMTC and write in the memo “Light to Life project”. Mail the check to the church address or please use Online Payment Options.
First Fruits Auction
- Our Church is planning to celebrate this year’s Harvest season with live Auction on September 6th, Sunday immediately after the worship service. Due to the current pandemic situation, we will have this as a virtual event.
We request all the members to be part of this by contributing items for auction and participate in the bidding. As we have done last year, all proceeds from the auction will be going towards our Church expansion project. Last year we have collected around 20 thousand dollars and we hope and pray that this year also it will be a success irrespective of the situation.
Please pray for this fundraising effort to be a successful one.
Auction will be performed in the Church parking lot.
Members can participate in the auction by
1. Virtually through Zoom from home (details below)
2. In Person onsite (DMTC parking lot)
Zoom Auction Details:
Date: Sep 6 Sunday, 11.30 AM onward
Connect via phone (Dial-in Option)
(US) +1 312 626 6799 and then enter the access code 811 6679 1004# passcode 926644#
- Each item will be described well by the Auctioneer and picture will be streamed via Zoom.
- Get on Zoom using your phone/iPad/computer/any other electronic device – Please Announce your name and the BID price.
- Real-time updates of auction will be available on Zoom.
- Each item will be identified using an item number (#).
- Auction for an item ends with ‘Sold’ message.
- Volunteers will follow up with winning bidders and arrange for home delivery, if needed.
- All final decisions will be made by the Auction committee.
- Process of collecting the items for auction.
– Drive-thru drop off will be available at the Parking lot on Saturday September 5th between 4-7 PM
– Pickup from homes will be available for the items if needed. The Coordinators must be intimated latest by Friday 8 pm for proper planning
- If you don’t have items for auction, you can also donate money
- All CDC guidelines will be strictly followed.
For more information, please contact the Coordinators:
Mr. C. V. Samuel – 586-216-0602 or Mrs. Shalan George – 248-703-6122
DMTC Project Update
- Expansion work is progressing and this week Integrity builders completed the rough plumbing work and the City inspection is scheduled for Monday. Steel frame installation will begin next week and concrete flooring work will begin immediately after the steel frame work. Contractors are also trying to schedule the asphalt parking lot work and it will begin in September. You can view the construction progress by visiting the church website. (https://detroitmarthoma.org/main/2020/07/21/church-expansion-project/). You are also welcome to come and see the work progress. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for leading today’s divine worship service and for the message. Thanks to lay leader Mr. Justin Abraham and English Choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian and Mr. Thomas Abraham for assisting with live streaming. Thank you all for participating today’s worship service. Have a blessed week and stay safe.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow brethren celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website www.detroitmarthoma.org for weekly announcements and other resources.