Announcements – August 9, 2020
- Next Sunday – August 16th
- Divine Worship Service in Malayalam at 10:15 am (Live Streaming)If anyone is interested to come and participate in the worship service at the church, especially those who are celebrating birthday or wedding anniversary please inform the Vicar or Secretary.
- Link for participating: https://youtu.be/9_avNfnotqU
(Please subscribe to the DetroitMarthoma YouTube channel for future services/events)
Online Weekly Prayers
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7 PM by Zoom
- Fasting prayer on Friday at 10:30 AM by Zoom
- Monthly meeting will be held on Saturday, August 15th at 6.00 pm via Zoom.
- Edavaka Mission is planning to give financial support to our Evangelists working in the Mission fields and needy community in Kerala. Requesting your kind hearted support. Please make check to Detroit Marthoma Church and in the memo write Edavaka Mission Project. Mail the check to church address or please use Online Payment Options.
- Midwest Regional Teachers’ Retreat will be held on Saturday August 15th from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm via Webex video conferencing. Rev. Larry Varghese will be sharing “Christian Education: Strategies for Teaching the Bible.” There will also be a session for teacher resources and strategies during virtual learning led by Special Education Teachers. All the SS teachers are requested to register and participate in this retreat.
- Sunday School Anniversary will be held on Saturday August 29th at 4 pm via zoom. All SS children are encouraged to participate in various talents program. Please provide the names to your teachers or to the coordinator Elsa Varughese.
- Thanks to all who attended the VBS closing session held on last Sunday.
- Sevika Sanghom is requesting your generous donations to financially support a nursing student in Kerala. Please make a check to Detroit Mar Thoma Church and in the memo write Nursing student support. Mail the check to the church address or please use Online Payment Options.
World Day of Prayer – 2020
- We kindly ask for everyone’s generous donation for this year’s world day of prayer. You can make checks payable to DMTC and write in memo “World Day of Prayer offertory” and mail the check to the church address or please use Online Payment Options.
Marthoma Fest – 2020
- Marthoma Fest 2020 scheduled for August 15th has been cancelled.
DMTC Project Update
- Expansion work is progressing and we have completed foundation work. Integrity builders installed a temporary wall between Madbaha and sanctuary. The Altar and other equipment’s moved to the Fellowship hall. You can view the construction progress by visiting the church website. You are also welcome to come and see the work progress. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact Project convener Mr. Vinod Thomas or Parish office bearers. Please continue to support the project through your prayers and generous financial support.
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen/P. Chacko Achen for leading today’s divine worship service and P. Chacko Achen for the message. Thanks to lay leader Mr. Justin Abraham and English Choir members for assisting in today’s service. Thanks to Mr. Sujeev Cherian and Mr. Jaison Abraham for assisting with live streaming. Thank you all for participating today’s worship service. Have a blessed week and stay safe.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow brethren celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website www.detroitmarthoma.org for weekly announcements and other resources.