Announcements – November 24, 2019
- Detroit Mar Thoma Church expresses our deepest condolence at the sad demise of Mrs. Chinnamma Babu (69) sister of our member Mrs. Leelamma Chacko on November 18th, 2019 in Kerala. The funeral service was held on November 23rd, Saturday at St. Thomas Church Mukkoottuthara, Kerala. May the Almighty Lord strengthen and comfort the family with peace that passeth all human understanding.
- Circular: DC-382
General Body Notice
- The General Body Meeting of the Detroit Mar Thoma Church will be held on Sunday, November 24th, 2019 in the church sanctuary after the Holy Communion Service presided by the President and Vicar, Rev. Varghese Thomas. All General Body members are requested to attend this meeting.The agenda is as follows:
- Election of the office bearers, Prayer groups & Church organization representatives, Auditors and Refreshment Committee for the year 2020.
- AOB with prior written permission.
- Next Sunday: December 1st
- Holy Qurbana service in Malayalam at 10:15 am
- Sunday School at 9 AM
- Adult Bible Study at 9:30 AM
- Intercessory Prayer on Wednesday at 6:30 pm at the Church.
- Fasting prayer on Friday at 10:30 am at the Church.
- Prayer group 4 will have a prayer meeting on November 24th, Sunday at 5:30 PM at the residence of Mr. Thomas (Joji) & Juby Abraham in Canton. Address: 1946 Echo Woods Dr, Canton
- Christmas Carol Service practice will be held today after the service. All Sunday school children are requested to attend the practice.
- Annual Thanksgiving Potluck on Friday, November 29th at 6 pm. You can sign up online through the link in the youth group email for the list of items to bring or you can sign up in person with a committee member (Tenny, Tommy, Maya, Sincie or Evangeline).
- Regional Youth Conference 2019: Midwest Regional Youth Conference-2019 hosted by the Chicago Marthoma Church Youth Group will be held from December 26th, Thursday to December 29th, Sunday at the Michindoh Conference Center. The main speaker is Rev. Jonathan Saunders from the Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Midtown Detroit and the theme for the conference is “Lost & Found: To Seek, Serve and Save” based on Ephesians 2:12-13. The registration cost is $140 and additional $10 for T-shirts. Early registration for the Midwest Regional Youth Conference ends on December 1st. Please keep the conference preparation, leaders, and delegates in your prayers.
This year, our youth group will be in charge of Hospitality for Regional Conference. The tasks for this opportunity include assembling baskets of snacks that will be placed in each cabin, as well as for the Achens and the Speaker. If anyone is interested in helping with hospitality this year, please contact Maya Abraham (734) 447-6938 or Evangeline (Anju) John (734) 620-7066 by Sunday, November 24th.
- Diocesan Leadership Conference 2020 (DLC 2020) in Atlanta, GA: The 23rd session of the Diocesan Leadership Conference will be held from January 2nd, Thursday to January 5th, Sunday 2020 at the Carmel Mar Thoma center hosted by Atlanta Mar Thoma Church. Youths ages 21-35 are eligible to attend this conference and the registration is limited to the first 100 delegates who meet the prescribed registration requirements. The registration fee will be $100 and registration deadline is December 1st, 2019
- Our Yuvajana Sakhyam is collecting winter coats and boots for homeless adults from today onwards. Please bring new and gently used winter boots and coats only.
- Christmas carol rounding-2019 will be held from December 1st to December 15th.
- West Side:
Dec 1st Sunday – Lansing, Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Wixom & South Lyon area. (Starting at Parsonage and ending at the residence of Mr. Shinoj & Sheeba Chacko.)
Dec 7th Saturday – Prayer Group 2
Dec 8th Sunday – Prayer Group 4
Dec 14th Saturday – Prayer Group 1 & few houses of prayer group 2.
Dec 15th Sunday – Windsor, Canada.
- East Side
Dec 7th Saturday – Prayer Groups 5 & 6
Dec 8th Sunday – Prayer Group 6 & 7
Dec 14th Saturday – Prayer Group 3 & Sarnia
- Christmas carol rounding practice will be held today after the worship service in the fellowship hall.
Ecumenical Christmas program – 2019
- Ecumenical Christmas program will held on December 29th, Sunday at 4:30 PM at St. Thomas Syro Malabar Church in Southfield. Detroit Ecumenical Council of Kerala Churches invites all the members from all churches and congregations to the 2019 Ecumenical Christmas program. Address: 17235 Mt. Vernon Ave, Southfield, MI.
- We have only 5 Sundays to close the financial year on De 31st. Thanks to all the families who have given full subscription. Kindly make the payments as early as possible. Your support is prayerfully appreciated.
- Thanks to Mr. Santosh and Soney Thomas for sponsoring today’s refreshments – Chapathi and Chicken Curry.
- Few more participating families are there to contribute for the 2019 Refreshment. Please make the contribution at the earliest
- Thanksgiving lunch will be provided on Dec 1st, Sunday.
Thanks to Varghese Thomas Achen for celebrating today’s holy Qurbana and for the message. Thanks to P. Chacko Achen, Lay leaders and English choir for assisting in today’s service.
DMTC Family wishes all our fellow brethren celebrating their Birthday & Wedding Anniversary this coming week; May the Almighty Lord bless each one of you and your family in the new year & years ahead.
Please uphold our near & dear ones who are sick and those grieving the loss of their loved ones.
If you are currently not receiving emails from the church or would like to update your email address, please notify us by sending it to email@example.com. Send your name and address in the email so that we can identify you properly. Please visit the church website www.detroitmarthoma.org for weekly announcements and other resources.